Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sorry for my Hiatus

I was on a business trip the first week in April. It seemed to throw me for a loop. I am finally feeling back on track this week.

I must share that I put together a fair meal plan for us this week. I am making five dinners, breakfast muffins and some spinach nuggets for my "little nugget". I just could not take Kroger any more. I was discombobulated and not saving THAT much money. So I did the analyzing myself and went back to my neighborhood Hollywood Market. With a little research in the mailed flier and the coupons I have saved up, it paid off. Well, kudos to me, because I saved 36% off my bill this week. I stocked up on things like boneless-skinless chicken breast, prepared broth, and canned tomatoes. Really, I feel that the personal service I get from Hollywood far exceeds most big box chain stores. They all know me by now...poor bastards!

This week's meal plan...in no particular order.

1. Chicken with Roasted Red Peppers and Asparagus - I clipped this recipe and had my mom try it while I was away on business. It got thumbs up all around.
2. Pancetta and Fava Bean Risotto - I can only think of Silence of the Lambs and maybe I'll splurge and get some Chianti.
3. Tonno con Piselli - You do the translation!
4. Grilled Beef with Wasabi and Slaw - I made this a few years ago and it was fab! Can't wait to have the grill ready again.
5. Turkey Club Salad with Avocado Dressing - This is a Rachel Ray recipe....and while I'm way over her, this sounds so yummy, my mouth is watering now.

I'll keep you posted on how each of these goes. Now I have to pick which one to make tonight. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Erin! I so need some of these recipes!! Good for you girl. Some days I just want to pull my hair out with what to make for dinner. We tend to have the same boring things over and over again. I like the menu idea. :) You're such a good cook! So I need some lessons!!!